几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 595|回复: 0

【转帖】using sw files through a network

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-4-13 15:11:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
using sw files through a network
is this something a lot of people do?  does sw actually tell users not to work through the network?
sw2008 office pro sp4.0
intel core 2 duo cpu
2.2ghz, 2.00gb ram
quadrofx 3700
spacepilot
check out our whitepaper library.
best practice is to not work over a network. copy the files to your hard drive, do your work, save, save back to the network location.
hiccups in the network can cause crashes, the infamous "failed to save document" error, incomplete data transfers and other issues.   
jeff mirisola, cswp, certified driveworks ae
it may be slower to run on a network. you have to provide for file integrity. if you run locally you can load files quicker and provide your own security. however, shared parts and formats and such will be an issue. i run locally but backup nightly to the server. the server also manages the license.

--
hardie "crashj" johnson
sw 2008 sp4
nvidia quadro fx 1000
amd athalon 1.8 ghz 2 gig ram

i work strictly over the network due to security requirements.  my experience is that things are very stable, but i don't have information on our network set-up to provide.  the problem that i have with people working locally is related to discipline.  people always forget to put the right models on the network in an non-vault work environment.
^ yep.
we run over a network. we have somewhere around 200,000 parts on it. we are all connected via a 1 gigabit switch that is connected to the server downstairs via fiber optic cable.
we have 7-8 people nailing that baby all day long.
our company will not pay for a pdm. the closest they have come is a teamcenter integration package because we already pay for that for another department in unigraphics.  
^ i can't edit my post. i ment 200,000 files, 70,000 of them are sw files.  
do you only have solidworks standard?
if you have sw professional or sw premium packages, pdmworks is included.

coreblim-
we had sw 2007 office professional. i don't think pdm works was included with that because we got a multithousand dollar quote from our var for pdm works and for them to come set it up for us. hell, i think they were telling us 10 grand for install or something. we wanted to get 10 people on it and installed. i think they told us 17-20,000 dollars.
just called var. pdm only comes with sw premium. we have professional. they want 3,500 to upgrade each seat. so... about 35,000 dollars.

that was probably for enterprise not workgroup. workgroup is on the way out, but should still be available.

a pdm app is the way to go. i use pdmworks.
chris
solidworks/pdmworks 08 3.1
autocad 08
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 13:38 , Processed in 0.033975 second(s), 19 queries .