找回密码
 注册
查看: 623|回复: 0

【转帖】rouble with appearances

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-4-13 15:03:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
trouble with appearances
evening all,
i have copied a previous assembly of a tipper body, which i want to change the appearance of, so that it will suit a different customers colour scheme.
the previous assembly was a green olive drab colour, the new colour needs to be purple.
i have changed the colour of the individual parts to what i need, and i'm happy with that.  but when i save the assembly it reverts back to the previous olive drab colour.  in the appearance menu the assembly has the olive drab colour, so i opened the appearances menu and tried to remove it.  but the 'remove appearances' button is greyed out.
i've tried saving, re-opening, restarting sw, restarting computer etc. but with no success.
rather than clicking 'remove appearances', i can simply delete the assembly from the selections box.  this will work temporarily, but when i come to save the assembly everything turns olive drab green again.
i've attached a couple of screenshots to try to illustrate the problem.
i would appreciate any help you chaps can give me.
cheers!
system specs
============
dell precision pws690
intel xeon cpu 5120 @ 1.86ghz
3.00gb ram
nvidia quadro fx 4500
solidworks 2009 sp0.0 (just realised this, i will update and see what happens)

i believe the color at part level is being overriden by an assembly color set in the assembly that overrides the part level color.
to check if this is the case go to the feature manager and hit the icon >> shown on the top right of the feature manager to show the "display pane" you will see [asm color / part color]
iff you select the assembly color in appearance pop-up when selecting from display area you can remove the assembly override color
i think that is the problem, but i cannot 'remove appearances' when i bring up the appearance pop-up.  not sure if i am doing something wrong, it seems like the 'remove appearances' button should be able to be clicked...but it is always greyed out.
don't open the appearances manager ... just right click on the cell containing the face-to-face triangles icon and select clear all top level overides.

if you select the assembly in the appearance manager where it appears in the blue input box the "remove appearance" option should become available.
rob rodriguez cswp
i had to assign a new appearance to the assembly and then delete that, should've thought of it sooner.
i upgraded to sp 2.0 in an attempt to solve the situation, which has only caused more problems, now pdm vault admin isn't installed on my computer, although the installation manager thinks that it is.
sigh. i shall start a new thread. thanks for all the help chaps.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-19 15:35 , Processed in 0.036106 second(s), 20 queries .