几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 576|回复: 0

wood framing tolerances

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-16 22:55:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
wood framing tolerances
i've searched the web for the last hour and did a keyword search on eng-tips without any luck. i'm looking for a reference for wood framing tolerances in residential construction.  
i have been asked to look at a load bearing 2x6 partition wall supporting the first and second floor loading on a modular constructed house.  when the two halves of the house were set, the center bearing wall was pushed out of plumb (1-5/8" in 102-1/2" => 1:63). i know this is too much, the ibc references l/120 in the commercial code. can someone point me to a residential reference?  
a quick calculation shows the 2x6 is overloaded at this eccetricity, although there is no sign of distress at this point (no snow load on the roof).
while i am fairly certain it will not fail - it must look quite ugly.  can you push it back??  if it were me - i would say something along the order of 1/8'' in 10' for one or two stories.  more than that - you can see it is out of plumb.
that is just not acceptable.  not sure of any residential tolerances - but steel construction is like a 1/4'' in 100' for columns or something crazy like that. not sure how you can even measure that.
jheidt2543 - the answer appears to be in "residential construction performance guidelines", by the national association of homebuilders... but you have to buy the book:
sre:  
thanks!  what kind of donut do you like?  today donuts cost more than a dollar!
here is the quote for those following along:
"wall framing
3.1 condition
wall is out of plumb
acceptable performance/condition
where the condition is visible from a normal viewing position, walls shall not be out of plumb more than
1/2 inch (12 mm) in 8 foot (2.4m) vertical measurement.
warranty
first-year - work and materials
action
walls not meeting the acceptable condition shall be repaired.
remarks
it is reasonable to expect minor variation from plumb. fitment of furnishings is not considered to be the test
for plumb.
krispy kreme! been enjoying those for a long, long time.
1/4" in 10' sticks in my mind but i don't recall where from
mdj
steel columns are generally specified at less than 1:500 or ~ 1/4 inch per 10 feet.i normally check this with a bazooka plumb bob.
there's no straightening the wall, the house has been up for over a year and owner's are moved in.  so, i'm looking at:
1.  for looks, installing tapered firring on both sides of the studs to get back to a plumb line for the wall.
2.  for structural strength, sheathing both sides of the wall with 1/2" cdx plywood over the firring strips to provide a deeper section. i'll try analyzing the wall as flanged column section pinned top & bottom with both axial and bending loads.

mark1234,
1/4" in 10' is what you get if you use a 4' level and the bubble is barely touching one of the lines on either side.  at least that's what i remember from my framing days.  i tested it with a plumb bob once.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-30 12:22 , Processed in 0.034794 second(s), 19 queries .