几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 482|回复: 0

wood fram design

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-16 22:51:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
wood fram design
hi, i was just hired by a structural engineering firm for an entry level civil engineer.  i am expecting to have to design wood frame houses, 2-3 stories, and would like to get a head start.  are there any online links that give you the general idea on how to design using wood? or step by step design guide ?  
thank you,
kit
get the nds and "design of wood structures asd/lrfd" by breyer
those are two good references.  another is to check out the apa website.
you need to familiarize your self to wood connectors.  check out
online step by step design guide? not really.  but without a doubt, your core resources should be the book listed above by breyer alongside with the newest nds.  i've found that literally, you will use just about every chapter in that book so pay close attention.  i would call it a step by step design guide and is worth the money if you have to purchase it.
you will also want to know how to apply wind loads to the structure, so get a hold of an asce 7-02 code and have at the wind chapter.  for snow loads on the roof, including drift design, also see asce 7-02.  same goes for seismic.
when you get to engineered panels (plywood, osb, etc) then also add
hope this helps.
obtain a copy of the "wood frame design guide" which is published by afpa.  
the major problem you will run into is determining the amount of structural design you need to do and for what portion of the framing you should just follow the conventional framing provisions of the building code.
for example i probably can tell you in a half an hour how people are constructing three story apartments.  it probably would take me two weeks to design one.
for example the use of double top plates is common for the top of the stud walls at each floor level.  with the use of floor and roof trusses, i've seen many cases where a double plate would not carry the required loads even if full composite action existed for the plates acting togther as one unit.
as a entry level person, a lot of what you will need to do, will be based on the requirements of the engineer who is signing the plans.  i would reccomend that you look over the conventional framing provisions from some of the building codes, then chat with your supervisor about what aspects of the houses he or she wants an exact design for.

check out 'details for conventional wood frame construction" on the awc website:
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-30 15:29 , Processed in 0.036348 second(s), 19 queries .