找回密码
 注册
查看: 824|回复: 0

material data

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 23:09:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
material data
dear reader,
what are the ultimate strengh and yield strength of material mil hdbk-5?
thank you very much!
mil-hdbk-5 is not material. it contains the specifications for most metal for aerospace.
you can obtain this document using either of the following links:
just fyi to anyone who hasn't found out already, mil-hdbk-5 has been superseded by mmpds-01. if you haven't updated your sources, it's probably a good idea to do so.
ar-mmpds-01 is available on the internet.
does anyone know when firts revision of mmpds is going to be released?
thank you
peter
maybe baraban was asking a more general question about yield strength and ultimate strength (as described in mil-hdbk-5 or any other material reference). the terms generally apply to the tensile characteristics of materials.
yield strength (or, more properly, yield stress), elastic limit, proportional limit and ultimate stress are the essential building blocks of using materials in engineering aplications. you need to consider the modulus of elasticity (youngs modulus) to get the right rigidity, and how materials behave under tensile, compressive, torsion and shear loads. fatigue, creep and buckling get a bit more tricky.
these are all pretty simple concepts (to begin with) and there are lots of good books on them. you shouldn't be using materials in aerospace or safety-critical applications unlesss you have a good intuitive grasp of the concepts.
if i have misinterpreted the question and baraban is actually boeing's chief engineer, i apologise unreservedly (but you'll still agree, i'm sure!).
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 00:35 , Processed in 0.035686 second(s), 19 queries .