几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1028|回复: 0

load distribution among fasteners

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 23:06:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
load distribution among fasteners
does anyone know of a formula for how the load is divided among a line of fasteners (bolts or rivets) when two strips are overlapped and joined by numerous (>2) fastenters in a row, then subjected to tension? i've found qualitative information that the end fasteners carry the bulk of the load, but no quantitative formulas. this same situation would apply to riveted joints in plates where more than 2 rows of rivets are used.
i have found the answer to my earlier post. the problem was analyzed and experimentally verified by naca (precursor to nasa) in the 1947 technical paper "analytical and experimental investigation of bolted joints, technical note no. 1458", by samuel j. rosenfeld. it is available (free) in its entirety at:
the importance of fastener load distribution depends on the application of the joint. if the joint is to be statically loaded, then an 鈥榓verage鈥?load distribution is satisfactory. the maximum running load of a riveted or bolted lap joint being equal to the number of fasteners multiplied by the joint strength of the fastener multiplied by the number of rows, divided by the pitch. if, on the other hand, the joint is subjected to regular cyclic stress, load distribution becomes very important from a fatigue point of view. this is particularly important under loading conditions in which the fasteners behave as linear elastic
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 23:07 , Processed in 0.036218 second(s), 19 queries .