找回密码
 注册
查看: 766|回复: 0

ansi 9standards0 code issues - tack weld standards

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 17:50:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
ansi tack weld standards????
hello everyone,
i'm currently working on a drawing for a supplier...
the draft is of 3 parts fitted and tack welded together (final welding is preformed by my company).  our supplier would like the drawing with welding information on it regarding tack welds (i assume: location, size..etc.).  my question is: are there any standards in place regarding tack welds (symbols, etc..)?  this is the first time i've been requested for this type of info.
thx.
in general, tack welds should be of the same quality and welding process as the finish welds.  otherwise, they will generally need to be ground off.
i don't know if has changed, but the tack welder also had to be qualified in the weld procedure used for the finished weld.
poor quality tacks can eat your lunch when it comes to weld production and quality.
tack-welds if done on asme pressure vessels or boilers need to have same qualifications as full welding procedures to be carried out on the vessel/boiler and need to be done by qualified welders. the welding procedure qualification and welder's qualification has to be carried out in accordance with asme section ix. i guess this train of thought may be extrapolated for other welding situations like structural welding etc.?
thanks everyone for posting...
i think i've found my answer.  
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 02:51 , Processed in 0.033221 second(s), 19 queries .