几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1711|回复: 0

ansi 9standards0 code issues - standard metric tolerance

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 17:46:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
ansi standard metric tolerance
i am in the process of adding the standard tolerance for metric parts in the sheet format. the company i work for does not have a standard tolerances for metric in thier current sheet format. i don't want to add tolerances to every dimension. can anyone help me? thanks
luisalberto
check out our whitepaper library.
you can use iso tolerance description, like
js10 (js10)
these tolerances are nominal size dependent, it means that
10mm js10 has smaller tolerance than 100mm js10.
you would have to educate a lot of people if you want to go this way.
more about the iso tolerances / fits is in machinery's handbook.
gearguru
standard tolerances can be added to the titleblock the sane as english dimensions are. the restriction comes if you say your drawing meets the requirements of asme y14.5m. this says that you cannot use trailing zeros to hold decimal places which would change the tolerances.
"wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
ben loosli
cad/cam system analyst
ingersoll-rand
i do want to use ansi  y14.5 for adding the tolerance in the title block. how do i solve the problem on the trailing zeros to hold the tolerances? is there another option but staying with ansi  standards? thanks for the answers.
luis rivera
one solution might be to invoke ansi  b4.3-1978 (r1999), "general tolerances for metric dimensioned products" rather than specifying tolerances in the title block.  ansi  b4.3 shows how to specify the general tolerances for metric dimensions without a tolerance designation.
you could replace the existing block tolerance data in the title block with a statement such as "see ansi  b4.3 for general tolerances" or simply "x" out the existing tolerance data and send the user to b4.3 via a general drawing note.
gdtguy
oops!!!
i need to retract the second part of my last posting.
you do not invoke ansi  b4.3 on the drawing!!!  ansi  b4.3 simply provides options for specifying the tolerance on the drawing for metric dimensions. (i got my standards crossed up and was thinking of ansi  b4.2 preferred metric limits and fits!!!!..........sorry!)
take a look at the options shown in ansi  b4.3.  one of them will probably meet your needs.
gdtguy
thank you for your answers. i will look into ansi  b4.3 and see what is suitable for us. thank you again.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 17:22 , Processed in 0.035340 second(s), 19 queries .