几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1164|回复: 0

ansi 9standards0 code issues - ansi b16.5 flanges pressu

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 15:51:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
ansi ansi  b16.5 flanges pressu
i am looking for information about pressure ratings recommended for ansi  b16.5 flanges.  i have already found a chart for this detailing the allowable pressure ratings for steel pipe flanges but the material i am using is stainless steel 316(cf8m) and i was wondering if anybody knows where you can get pressure ratings for different materials instead of just steel?
asme b16.5 includes the pressure rating tabled against temperature for many material groups including different tables for different carbon steels.
see this table header example:
table 2-2.1 pressure鈥揟emperature ratings for group 2.1 materials
nominal designation forgings castings plates
18cr鈥?ni a 182 gr. f304 (1) a 351 gr. cf3 (2) a 240 gr. 304 (1)
a 182 gr. f304h a 351 gr. cf8 (1) a 240 gr. 304h
thanks jlseagull for the info.
is these tables available anywhere on line or would i have to purchase the book?
check the technical libraries.  also, i think that you can find several places to order a copy of this standard.  the publisher is the american society of mechanical engineers.  search the web or write the asme order department at 22 law drive, box 2300, fairfield, nj 07007-2300 - usa.  this is just one of many useful standards.  my company subscribes to many different standard agency publications via the information handling services, ihs.  this is costly and very handy.  ihs sells copies of the standards too.
some manufacturers may have excerpts or portions of asme tables on line and in their literature. if you want the whole set, you will most likely have to buy it.
"do not worry about your problems with mathematics, i assure you mine are far greater."   
albert einstein
let me give you a heads-up on asme b16.5 (pipe falnges and flanged fittings) and asme b16.34 (valves-flanged, threaded, and welding end)
the most current editions are:
asme b16.5-2003 (issued oct. 2004)
asme b16.34-2004 (issued sept. 2005)
some of the values for stainless steel have been revised in the most recent issue from the previuos one. some values went up and some went down.
be sure you get the correct code copy that is/was in effect for your work, not just any code copy.
good luck,
nozzletwister
houston, texas
pressure relief valve catalogues typically have flange pressure ratings from b16.5 in them.  take a look at what is in your catalogues, i'm pretty sure many will have what you are looking for.
i would like to know the difference between a flange ansi  16.5 and 16.36.
i will appreciate your help.
og4862,
asme 16.5 is for regular pipe flanges and asme 16.36 is for orifice flanges.
asme b16.36 defines the taps, ports, jacking bolts etc. that are required for orifice flanges. b16.36 references b16.5 but is limited to the flange sizes that are suitable for taping. the flange thickness may be thicker on some of the b16.36 flanges than a b16.5 flange of the same size and ratings.
nozzletwister
houston, texas
there is a abridged table in the gpsa data book, fig 17-28
hi all,
       i still find it strange why there are still so many people refering to ansi  b16.5 when the correct designation is asme b16.5. perhaps in another ten years or so everyone may get around to using asme b16.5 who knows??
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-11 21:00 , Processed in 0.036141 second(s), 19 queries .