几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1095|回复: 0

【转帖】what specs should i be concerned abou

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 11:19:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
what specs should i be concerned about?
i work for a large pump manufacturer. so my duties there are to produce their plans for most large projects and some smaller once as well. so the types of parts i draw vary.
here's a list:
motor stands
discharge heads
seal plates
base plates
sole plates
all sorts of pipe
flanges
columns
shafts
couplings
bowl assembly's
cans (part that sometimes encases pump)
t-bearings
head shafts
and things along those lines.
what specs should i be concerning myself with?
check out our whitepaper library.
seeing more specifically what you are dealing with, i would recommend reading asme y14.5-1994.  i realize that this spec is not free, but it would well be worth the investment for your company.
ok. thanks.
now all i have to do is figure out a way to convince them of the value these specs have in them. so they'll buy it.
y14.5 is the right choice for general dimensioning & tolerancing methods, and provides references to other specific standards that may be of interest under sect. 1.2.  e.g. y14.8m-1989 for castings & forgings, ansi b4.2-1978, preferred metric limits & fits.  
assuming you're north-american based and work under a non-iso system, you should check out the asme website
good morning all,
first, are you close to a university? if so go to the library there and make a copy. since we here in nebraska have a patent repository we also carry all the patent books and engineering specs. the library is free.
regards,
namdac
namdac,
   your library may be free, but asme y14.5m-1994 is copyright. copying is not allowed.
                        jhg
personal use copying of a single copy is allowed by copyright laws.
however, at 230+ pages, it may be cheaper to by a copy from asme.
"wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
ben loosli
sr is technologist
l-3 communications
the specs can be ordered on cd or book form. i prefer to order all the specs on a cd. it makes it easier to search for a topic.
chris
systems analyst, i.s.
solidworks 06 4.1/pdmworks 06
autocad 06
back in the uk the british standards had a web site.  for a yearly subscription you could access almost all the specs (some of the older ones weren't scanned in yet).
shame there doesn't seem to be equivalent for asme/ansi.
there is a web service which provides this.
ewh, i know no advertising etc but can you point us in the right direction to this service?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 21:22 , Processed in 0.035010 second(s), 19 queries .