几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1161|回复: 0

【转帖】what should appear on a drawing parts lis

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 11:18:47 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
what should appear on a drawing parts list?
okay i have another debate with the same manufacturing engineer.  originally on an assenbly drawing i had the item, qty, part number, and description columns on a assembly drawing.
our manufacturing engineer created so called "bom's" for himself, that had the p/n, rev, part name, unit, qty columns.  though i disagree with his choice of columns, i left it alone instead of getting into a fiery debate with him.  six months later we needed to place an order for more parts, but because neither his bom's or my drawing list the material and vendor, it took me twice as long to order parts, because i had to review all my file to see where i order standard components from.  this time i revised the assembly drawing and added the material and vendor columns, to streamline, if additional assemblies needed to be order.  
needless to say the manufacturing engineer, said vendor and material colums don't belong on a assembly drawing!  i looked up the ansi standards, and they list them as optional columns.  however, he still wants to have them removed, for reasons unknown.  so if i remove them, and someone else is going to purchase parts, there going to have a hell of a time knowing where to buy them from.  what's everyones opinion on this?  
eng-tips forums is member supported.
the way i've seen it done is to have a cage code column.
cage code gives you full manufacturers details.
you put the manufacturers part number in as part of the description.
i'm inclined to err on the side of not liking seeing vendor & material columns but if the ansi says it's ok who am i to argue.
we're having a similar dilemma but our manf eng want to see vendow and part number.  we haven't finalized how we'll do this.
is the information of vendor/pn not in your mrp system or don't you have one?
item no. qty, part number, description & location on the assembly drawing.  i would leave the vendor name of the assembly drawing but that information should be somewhere in mrp.
best regards,
heckler
sr. mechanical engineer
sw2005 sp 5.0 & pro/e 2001
dell precision 370
p4 3.6 ghz, 1gb ram
xp pro sp2.0
nvidia quadro fx 1400
      o
  _`\(,_
(_)/ (_)
never argue with an idiot. they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
i usually list the vendor & their part number when it's a purchased part; our mfg. group knows that they are allowed to purchase equivalents.
the problem is we don't have any type of mrp system at all.  the current tools used are autodesk inventor series with the vault.  the only reason i list the vendor and material columns is because its not listed anywhere else.
get the engineering manager to sign off on the drawings the way you have them. they convey the complete description of the parts and where to purchase them.
tell the manufacturing engineer that these are engineering controlled drawings and if he wants to agrue, see your boss who has approved of the format.
"wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
ben loosli
sr is technologist
l-3 communications
we have a matl column that is seldom used, but is there for this type of situation.  if it is a vendor part, a flag note goes into the matl space, and the vendor information is listed in the notes.  i prefer using cage codes, but have so far lost that battle.
londonderry,
   if you are going to put manufacturer's part numbers on your parts lists, you are going to have to identify the manfacturer, somehow.
   the manufacturing engineer's determination to have the revision number on the parts list may indicate that he is a procedural twit, or it may show a lack of trust in your design/drafting office.  
   i am puzzled about your material column, but i do not understand your process.  if the part is off-the-shelt, your order it from the vendor or manufacturer.  if the part is described by a drawing, you pull the drawing out and work out what to do with it.  fabrication drawings should call up material.  adding this information to the parts list means you have it in two places, which usually is bad practise.
   our manufacturing engineer wants to see parts lists that identify everything with our company part numbers.  this actually can be made to work, if we generate specification controls for each and every off-the-shelf part.  the company part number would point to a document which tells us what the part is.  we have mrp.  we have not done this.
   i have seen parts lists which used in-house stock codes to identify everything.  the document explaining the stock codes was than locked up where nobody could get at it.  there was much cursing by the engineers.
                      jhg
i agree with drawoh about the matl column.  it is on our format to allow for multi-detail tooling drawings, where each part in the assembly isn't necessarily detailed separately.
item  qty  part  number  description          material    vendor
1        1      4000272        mirror
2        1      4000269        mirror gasket
3        1      4000332        mirror cover
4        2      4000624        spring anchor
5        1      94045a515    crossed recessed
                                      shoulder screw          18-8 s.s  mcmaster-carr                                                   

6        1  e0240-031-0750s     extension spring       s.s      assoc.spring inc.
this is a crude cut and paste of a parts list of one of my drawings.  as you can see line items 1 thru 4 are detail drawings, so no information is needed on material (listed on detail drawings) or vendor columes.  on line item 5 and 6 are the purchases parts, which the material and vendor colums are needed, mostly the vendor column is needed.  
see the manufacturing eng doesn't want to show the vendor or material column.  so if someone wants to purchase items from mcmaster-carr or associated spring, as i have listed, and there's not a vendor column listed on the assembly drawing and the manufacturing engineer doesn't list it on there bom's the job can't get done.  
its reasons like this people wounder why i act like i do...
i have seldom included vendor info (other than the cage code) in the bom, but have listed it in the notes, flagging the item in the bom.  you could do the same with material (it is difficult to get all of the pertinent matl info in a small bom space).  could this be a way around the manufacturing engineer's objection?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 21:05 , Processed in 0.035778 second(s), 19 queries .