几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 972|回复: 0

【转帖】what is the proper material callou

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 11:17:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
what is the proper material callout
i need to know the proper bom callout for .500 dia x .035w 304 s/s tubing. it is going to be used in a potable water system on an airplane. on the bom in the stk size column do i put 304 s/s ? and what about the specification column. do i put ams ?????? or astm ???? where do i find these specifications. i need to know the proper way to call out this material. any help would be appreciated. thanks  
a little difficult to answer with not knowing how your bom table is set up.  off hand, i would think that in your stk size column you would be putting the amount of tubing being used.  if a standard length or size is not known or "approximate", we use an "as required" (ar) designation in our quantity column and then reference an approximate length in the specification column.  "ar" materials we set up as bulk issue to the line (issued by purchased unit rather than as used by the line).
the specification column would call out the diameter, wall thickness and material callouts for the tubing itself (per whatever standards are required).
hope this helps a bit.
hi jetsetter
can you refer to a previous job and look how they filled the material list then?
regards
desertfox
wow the desert fox, where you been hiding we worked together a few times i think that we were both in orlando at ecc the last time i seen you. i was the road warrior years ago, and did a few columns for ce weekly. anyway the bom is set up as follows from left to right. part no / nomenclature / stk size / matl / material specification.
the length is called out in the qty squares. i wish there was a go-by dwg but this is a one-off aircraft interior. what i really need to know is what is the astm or ase-ams number for .500 dia x .035w seamless 304 s/s tubing. that would do it. and i cant find it anywhere. i did find astm a 269 but it is for .028w un-bendable ss tubing. well thanks for the help
look it up in fry steel. they will show you.
astm a269 is the spec for both seamless and welded 300 series cres tubing, general purpose. usually called it out as
"tubing .500 dia x .035w x (length) astm a312-304 smls. if you don't specify "seamless", you will get welded.
astm a312 is for cres pipe.  
just saw that my sample callout is referencing the pipe spec, not tubing. it would be "astm a269-304 smls"

hi jetsetter
sorry i am not the person u think i am
desertfox
thank you checkerron, thats what i was looking for.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 07:10 , Processed in 0.035071 second(s), 19 queries .