找回密码
 注册
查看: 673|回复: 0

【转帖】undimensioned tolerance

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 11:01:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
undimensioned tolerance
i have a drawing that states the following :
interpret drawing per asmy14.100-200, dimensions and tolerances per asme y14.5m.
in the drawing all the dimensions in the drawing are untoleranced. do i interpret these as basic dimensions?
find a job or post a job opening
there should be a tolerance block somewhere on the drawing format.  that, or a note stating that untoleranced dimensions are basic.
it's not uncommon to place that in a note "all untoleranced dimensions are basic"  but you must also account for all permissible geometric variations.  this can be done by having a global note stating a general surface profile.  i've seen this on complex castings.
best regards,
heckler
sr. mechanical engineer
sw2005 sp 5.0 & pro/e 2001
dell precision 370
p4 3.6 ghz, 1gb ram
xp pro sp2.0
nivida quadro fx 1400
      o
  _`\(,_
(_)/ (_)
"coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." - henry ford

we also use "all dimensions are reference"
we do this if we buy a part as is and just want some dimensions for information purposes. it allows a receiving inspector to verify that we have a 1/4-20 x 1 inch long bolt, but he doesn't have to do a layout on the part.
thanks to all that replied.
it turns out i was not given all the information. i only recieved the drawing not the specification sheet with the tolerance block.
seems a little queer that someone would put a tolerance block on a separate specification sheet, instead of on the drawing (where it would actually be useful).
sunthorn-
maybe this is pulling hairs, but the drawing should simply say "interpret drawing per asme y14.100m." since y14.100m invokes y14.5m, then it's redundant to invoke them both.  also i believe that y14.100m says that the year of the standard should be left out of the callout (you might want to confirm this!).
tunalover
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 05:21 , Processed in 0.036499 second(s), 19 queries .