几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1263|回复: 0

【转帖】standards for engineering drawings of motors

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 10:31:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
standards for engineering drawings of motors?
[cross-posted from the "electric motors & motor controls engineering" forum]
are there any standards which apply to the information and notation contained on engineering drawings of motors (particularly brushless dc motors)?  the drawings in question are for procurement control of motors designed by other companies.
asme y14.24 (types and applications of engineering drawings) includes a number of mechanical and electrical special-application drawing types, such as cable assemblies, wiring diagrams, and various types of schematics, but not motors specifically.  are there any ieee, nema, ul, etc. standards which discuss notation for timing diagrams, and the motor-specific wiring diagrams (e.g., "star" & "delta" configs)?
i don't think so. if there were specs for motors, there would be specs for other devices also. that would make alot of specs. i think all you need is to follow the general specs, like the one you mention above, and call out motor windings size/type/how many/etc.
if the motor is an "off the shelf" item, then you should create a vendor item drawing for it.  if it is made specifically for your company, then it should be a source control drawing.
there are standard notes that are associated with each type of drawing.
but what... is it good for?
engineer at the advanced computing systems division of ibm, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
asme y14.24 indicates in appendix b that the more general "procurement control drawing" can be used in commercial (non-dod) applications instead of the various other control drawing types.  but the notes related to the general drawing type aren't the issue.  i'm searching for guidance on motor-specific diagrams and notations, not from the asme y14 series, but from electrical engineering organizations like iec, ieee, nema, etc.
nema mg-1.  there is an iec equivalent to mg-1, but i can't find it at the moment.
if including any electrical information, i suggest you add "as defined by nema mg-1" or whatever standard you use to the notes.
mintjulep,
thanks, i think that's what we need.  a poster in the electric motors forum had the same recommendation, and it's the only standard referenced in machinery's handbook's section on electric motors.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 06:09 , Processed in 0.036916 second(s), 19 queries .