几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1125|回复: 0

【转帖】standard phrase related to burrs

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 10:30:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
standard phrase related to burrs
looking for standard phrase on a weld drawing to indicate all burrs and weld splatter should be removed due to the part being an appearance part and a hand hold location.
any suggestions?
but what... is it good for?
engineer at the advanced computing systems division of ibm, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
"remove all burrs"
"break all sharp corners"
"remove all weld splatter"
i've seen all of these, alone or in combination.  if you want to go all-out, specify the desired surface roughness.
"remove weld splatter & break all sharp edges to render safe for handling"
you should use the term spatterfff">fff">.
part shall be free from burrs, sharp edges, flash, [fill in this space with more if needed] which may be detrimental to part appearance, function and/or safe handling.
regards,
cory
you may want to specify process too, on critical items.  we had a vendor who electro-polished some parts for us as a final deburr/cleanup step.  the parts looked absolutely beautiful, with a nice mirror finish.  too bad they ended up about .0005" under tolerance, which affected an o-ring sealing condition.
if you want sharp edges mechanically chamfered, you should specify so.  if you want the part tumble-deburred, specify.
this item is a sheet metal bracket wrapped around a 1.25od tube, used as a hand hold.  where the welding connects the bracket to the tube, i wanted to ensure our welding department gave a smooth finish so no hands would be cut by the end user.
i ended up using a flag note "remove all weld spatter and sharp edges prior to paint" and indicated on the drawing where the critical points were.  thanks for the inputs, i was drawing a blank.
but what... is it good for?
engineer at the advanced computing systems division of ibm, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
mango, i have those days too.  drove up to my eye doctor's office yesterday for an exam.  nobody told me they'd moved down the street.  i walked into the building, turned down the hall, and stopped short in front of a blank wall where their glass entryway used to be...  talk about your alzheimer's moment.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 07:52 , Processed in 0.033832 second(s), 19 queries .