找回密码
 注册
查看: 1612|回复: 0

【转帖】standard notes for parts assemblies

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-4 10:29:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
standard notes for parts & assemblies
reference:  
we're over due for an update (a couple may be slightly incorrect/misleading/out of date) but this is what's in our current format.  we have at least 5 other semi standard notes but can't fit them all in easily so we're going to have to come up with a better method.  hope it helps.
notes:  unless otherwise specified
1.    dimensions and tolerances are in accordance with asme y14.5m-1994.
2.    interpret drawing in accordance with asme y14.100.
3.    screw threads to be in accordance with asme b1.1.
4.    dimensions are in inches.
5.    symbol 篓  denotes critical dimension / feature in accordance with 1qa73002.
6.    material:
7.    surface roughness to be ____ rms per asme b46.1.
8.    remove all burrs and sharp edges ____ max radius or chamfer.
9.    electroless nickel plate, .0003-.0005 thick in accordance with spec mil-c-26074 or equivalent. dimensions apply after plating.
10.    anodize part per mil-a-8625 type ia (chromic acid method) class 1, color: gray
11.    anodize part per mil-a 8625 type ii, (sulfuric acid method) class 2, color: (specify color).
12.    anodize part per mil-a-8625 type ii, class 2, color: flat black.
13.    hard anodize part per mil-a 8625 type iii, .0020 卤 .0005 in. color: black.  dimensions apply after anodize
14.    finish: chromate conversion coating per mil-std-5541 type 1a (gold).
15.    finish: clean & passivate to sae ams 2700.
16.    install press fit standoffs, studs, and nuts in accordance with the manufacturer鈥橲 specifications.
17.    install helical coil inserts in accordance with the manufacturer鈥橲 specifications.
18.    identify part with part number, rev letter and serial number by electro-chem etch, metal stamping, engraving or laser engraving (choose method) with _____ in.  high characters where shown.
19.    identify part with part number by bagging and tagging.
20.    finished article to be free of oils, lubricants and other contaminants prior to being placed in sealed bag.
21.    finished article to meet cleanliness requirements of iest-std-cc1246d level 100 (verify correct level).   if not to be used immediately then to be enclosed in packaging to iest-std-cc1246d level 100 (verify correct level) labeled: 鈥淐leaned, do not open outside of clean room鈥?  compliance with this requirement based on use of a qualified manufacturing process is acceptable.
22.    item shall be assembled in a class 6 (verify correct class) clean area maintained as per iso 14644-1.  (clean area to fed-std-209, class 1,000 (verify correct class) is acceptable alternative.)
drafting note: above notes are meant to be added to or deleted, as needed for the individual part or assembly drawing. textual changes are not to be made, other than as noted in notes 6, 7, 8, 11, 18, 21 and 22. text colored red or sky blue to be replaced/deleted prior to release.
note 12 is recommended for non-reflective, light sensitive areas in lieu of note 13, (hard anodize).
if metric threads and/or dimensions are used:
modify note 3 to read:  3. metric screw threads to be in accordance with asme b1.13m. metric thread callouts without a pitch specified are course pitch.  
modify note 4 to read: 4.  dimensions are in millimeters.
specialized drawing notes
to be added to drawing notes as needed:

source control drawings, shall contain the following two notes:
23.    only the items described on this drawing are approved for use in the applications specified hereon. a substitute item shall not be used without prior approval by the qualifying activity.
24.    identification of the approved source(s) of supply hereon is not to be construed as a guarantee of present or continued availability as a source of supply for the item described on the drawing.  
kenat, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...
just out of curiosity, if you are plating and anodizing, might the dimensions apply after plating and anodizing.
we add the qualifier after the treatment spec (not sure why it's not on 10-12 except that they are very thin) does that answer your question?
"might the dimensions apply after plating and anodizing".
not always. depends on your design. also, some companies have a part drawing and a separate plating drawing.
chris
solidworks/pdmworks 08 2.0
autocad 06/08
hm, we've had the discussion before, and i still say that note 1 implies notes 2 and 3.  kenat likes it spelled out so nobody can claim ignorance, his policy is probably a correcter one , and keeps his vendors on the straight and narrow.
kenat,
"course" in note 3/metric threads, should be "coarse".  please make the changes noted and resubmit. :p
...and i should add a signature line for this forum, something like:
"less qualified to be a checker than kenat".
btrue, i'd actually say it's more correct to say 14.100 invokes 14.5 per para 1.1.3 of 14.5.
looking at asme y14.5m-1994 section 1.2 references, 14.100 isnt' even mentioned, nor is b1.1 although it does give 14.6 which up to a point leads you back to b1.1 as i recall.
the standards (i think 14.6 but can't be bothered to look right now) actually say the thread standard should be specified on the drawing, i know most people don't bother though.
course/coarse - school boy error, not sure how that got in.  i didn't write most of the notes our previous checker did but i should have spotted it by now. right it out 100 times coarse coarse coarse...
right - write, no wonder i didn't spot coarse & course.
does it make sense for someone with dyslexia to be a checker?
several of those notes can actually be added directly to the title block.
matt lorono
cad engineer/ecn analyst
silicon valley, ca
don't quote me 'cause it was done just before i started here but i think our format was based very closely on y14.1 which i don't think has the notes in the format.
but i agree notes 1 & 2 at least could be in the format if you so chose.
so, several of you have picked holes in my/our standard notes, how about someone else posting theirs to help out the op?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 07:29 , Processed in 0.037033 second(s), 19 queries .