找回密码
 注册
查看: 1235|回复: 0

aerospace materials

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-5 22:14:55 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
aerospace materials
hi,
can you indicate me a refference book that comprises ams materials with suggested heat treatments for every material?
aerospace handbook
ams standards are maintained by sae international.  there is no single book that references every ams standard and the appropriate heat treatment.  you can obtain more information on the various ams standards and any collections of standards available as a book from sae using the following link:
ams materials have ams specifications for heat treatment. you can get these from sae international.
you can look up the old standards for many materials on the military website:
mil-hdbk-5 is an excellent source of heat treat availabilities for all types of metalic materials.
it references the materials specification, but doesn't actually give the spec.
hiya loosh
i don't think you will get a book showing all heat treatments for materials.
if you require some very good information on all manner of heat treatments, contact the contract heat treatment association on tel 0044 (0)121 359 3611 ext 5212, or visit their website on
the assist web site is great, if you can get it to work.
for a quick and naturally brief reference of materials there is sae ams index published every six months meaning it can’t be so expensive.
it gives ams designation, principal composition, type of semi-fabricate and type of heat treatment-condition of supply (for metal alloys).  for metals it specifies a uns no, a commercial-trade name of alloy and a similar specification if exists (mil, fed, astm, aws etc.).  it also enables inverse search, i.e. if trade name is known it is easy to find ams no.
here are a few examples of the index entries:
4278    aluminum alloy, alclad sheet 5.6zn 2.5mg 1.6cu 0.23cr (alclad 7075-0) annealed, fine grained    uns #: a87075    alloy: alclad 7075-0    astm b 209
5508    steel, corrosion and heat resistant, sheet, strip and plate, 13cr 2.0ni 3w annealed    uns #: s41800    alloy: greek ascoloy
5853 steel, corrosion and heat resistant, bars and wire 15cr 25.5ni 1.2mo 2.1ti 0.006b 0.30v, consumable electrode melted 1800°f (982°c) solution treated and work-strengthened 160 ksi (1103 mpa) tensile strength    k66286    a286
this is not answering the thread primary question but i find the index very useful for a basic material-alloy information to start with.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-6-7 02:27 , Processed in 0.034215 second(s), 20 queries .