几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1247|回复: 0

【转帖】slot call ou

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-4-29 22:00:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
slot call out
what is the best way to call out a slot?  i have used basic dimension to reference the true center of the slot from 2 perpendicular datums.  then i called out the width of the slot and the height (the length from one tangent line off the full radius to the other tangent line) using standard dimension with tolerances.  then i called out the "2 x full radius" and also had a positioning block calling out diametric position of the center of the freature.  does this sound correct?
check out our whitepaper library.
that is one of several correct methods.
i had to read it a few times, sounds ok.
just a side note ... "2 x" should be "2x". i see this a lot.
chris, sr. mechanical designer, cad
solidworks 05 sp3.1 / pdmworks 05
"2 x full radius" on a slot callot is straight from the department of redundancy department.  just say "slot".
i never thought it would happen, but i must disagree with thetick.  y14.5 requires that "r" be called out, to ensure that it wasn't simply a mistake on the detailers part in missing a dimension.  you don't need the "full" in front of it, but it does no harm in having that also.  it really depends on what standard the drawing is done to (asme y14.5, industry or company).
ewh,
   i would say that the 2x r callout is correct, period, as noted in asme y14.5m-1994.  i am not sure what it means when you add the word full.
   all you are trying to say is that the ends of the slots are round, and their size controlled by the width of the slot.
                     jhg
drawoh,
i agree with you.  i'm not sure where "full" originally came from, but i do re  
i am not sure where it originated. i have been told by machinist's and inspectors that if you call out "2x r" on a slot, it can be technically any radius. if you call out "2x r full", it is a radius exactly the width of the slot (same tolerance).
chris, sr. mechanical designer, cad
solidworks 05 sp3.1 / pdmworks 05
according to y14.5, hydroformer's method is close to being correct.  the standard omits the word "slot" from the callout, and states that the end radii are to be indicated but not dimensioned.
no arguing with the standards.  seemed too obvious on the surface.  star for ewhfff"> for actually looking this up.
proedj-
don't you have a copy of y14.5m-1004?
tunalover
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-5-24 03:01 , Processed in 0.036395 second(s), 19 queries .