几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 649|回复: 0

【转帖】runout tolerance always less than dimension tolerance

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-4-29 21:50:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
runout tolerance always less than dimension tolerance?
does runout tolerance always need to be less than dimension tolerance?  if bearing surface is dimensioned 1.0000 (+0.0003 -0.0000), then the runout tolerance can only be 0.0001?
check out our whitepaper library.
no! size could be perfect, form could be perfect, but location and orientation to the axis created by the datum feature(s) could make the runout imperfect.
paul   
paul is correct here. there is no relationship between the size tolerance and the runout (circular or total) tolerance.
dave d.
there is always a relationship between the size tolerance and geometric tolerance in the way that the size tolerance does hold geometric tolerances to the extent that they fall within the tolerance zone.
in this case it is hard to tell without seeing how the datums are utilized, but i highly doubt that the runout will be that great with the size tolerance held that close.
quote:
there is always a relationship between the size tolerance and geometric tolerance in the way that the size tolerance does hold geometric tolerances to the extent that they fall within the tolerance zone.
wrong
paul

6.7.1.3.4 of asme y14.5m-1994 is probably applicable.
kenat,
show me how i can be wrong.
i'm pretty sure paul already did with his example of a part measuring to the dimensional requirements but out of spec due to being off axis, thus not meeting a runout tolerance.
jerry1423,
position rfs, runout, total runout, concentricity-pre 94, and conentricity-post 94  (that is evenly non-uniform) all disregard size while constraining orientation and location.
paul   
runout does not have to be a refinement of other dimensions (unlike say parallelism).  runout of a diameter can be greater (even much greater) than the diameter tolerance.   
visualise runout on a corkscrew.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-6-7 22:20 , Processed in 0.034708 second(s), 19 queries .