几何尺寸与公差论坛

找回密码
 注册
查看: 906|回复: 0

【转帖】ools option file location

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-4-13 15:01:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
tools option file location....
export the registry hive containing the locations?
hkey_current_user\software\solidworks\solidworks 2008\ext references
this will create a '.reg' file which can then be applied to any machine.
work: p4-2.8ghz, 2gb ram, asus mobo, nvidia quadro fx500/600
home: c2d e8400-3ghz, 4gb ram, asus-nvidia mobo with integrated quadro fx470
xp pro-sp3 x32, sw2009-sp3 and /3gb switch on both (/userva option not needed)
an afterthought ... doesn't an admin image create the file locations?
it is not in a regular windows folder. are you familiar with the system registry? have you used regedit before?
do not attempt to make changes in the registry until you familiarise yourself with its workings. it is one of the vital organs of the windows system, and incorrect changes can render you pc useless.
sandeep,
you should also be able to use the sw copy settings wizard to obtain your settings. once you get your settings out and go back into the tool it will help you import the settings back onto other systems on your network. if for some reason this method does not work you can take the .sldreg file that is created to the other computers or put it on a network drive and go to each machine and update the settings with that file.
if for some reason this still doesn't work let me know and i'll walk you through manually changing that file to use it without the sw tool.
hope it works.
best regards,
jason a. corl | bsme
senior product development engineer (radio control race car engineer) | cad admin
associated electrics, inc. | lake forest | ca
solidworks 2009 | sp2.0
dell t7400 | qc-xeon | vista 64bit | nvidia fx1700 | 2gb ram | 2x 24" lcd | spacepilot | ms trackball optical
skypeid/gtalk: jcoeng
member: tau beta pi | asme | sae
hello sandeep,
in the tool you will see check box options on the 3rd screen that enable you to select what settings you want to export. simply uncheck everything except for "system options" and this will only export the system options.
note that this will also change some of the defaults that the users may have set...such as background colors, single command-per-pick, etc. etc. but most of that stuff is standard for users. if you think this is an issue i can still help you manually edit it so that you only adjust the values that you want...namely file locations.
best regards,
jason a. corl | bsme
senior product development engineer (radio control race car engineer) | cad admin
solidworks 2009 | sp2.0
dell t7400 | qc-xeon | vista 64bit | nvidia fx1700 | 2gb ram | 2x 24" lcd | spacepilot | ms trackball optical
use the sw tool to export your settings and make a .sldreg file on your desktop. you need to open the .sldreg file with your text editor (notepad) and search for "document folders" this line states the current folder location for the referenced documents on your system.
you need to delete everything else but this line, the header for the section of this line in [brackets] and the very top line that says "regedit4".
i have attached one from my system and it shows how to have multiple referenced document locations, separate them with a " ; "
fill in the locations either on your network or on the user's systems and save the file. rename the file extension to be just " .reg " and then double click on it. a message box will pop up asking if you want to add the information to the registry. click yes and the registry will be updated.
you need to make sure that each user's "working" folder is located in the same place, for example on the c drive in the main folder or all in the same folder on a network share. if each user needs their referenced documents folder in their "my documents" folder then this will not work for all, it will have to be customized for each user.
please use caution when doing this, i still agree with kelvin that you should research a little about the windows registry before continuing.
this method will "remove" the original location and replace it with what you type in. also note that the folders you are mapping to must exist prior to performing this update.
let me know if i can help more.
best regards,
jason a. corl | bsme
solidworks 2009 | sp2.0
*** use with care! ***
start
run
type regedit > ok
navigate to hkey_current_user\software\solidworks\solidworks 2008\ext references
file
export
select location to save, create file name and save.
exit
this will create the .reg file which can be copied to, and used on, other machines. double clicking it will overwrite the existing registry settings.
this file can also be used when upgrading versions. the version number can simply be edit/replaced to suit.
*** use with care! ***
quick
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|Archiver|小黑屋|几何尺寸与公差论坛

GMT+8, 2024-6-3 10:12 , Processed in 0.037647 second(s), 19 queries .